1 November 2021
These gently spiced crisp chickpeas make a great snack or an accompaniment to a curry. Or for a simple supper, add some brown rice, steamed greens and a dollop of natural yoghurt and fresh herbs.
I tend to use Barts turmeric for this recipe as it has a high curcumin content. Curcumin has anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties which may support the immune system and cardiovascular health. The chickpeas in this recipe provide protein, fibre, B vitamins, iron and magnesium.
- 1 x 400g tin of chickpeas
- 2 tablespoons of rapeseed oil
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- Good pinch of sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees.
- Drain the chickpeas well and place them in a mixing bowl. Add the salt, oil and spices and give everything a good stir.
- Place the chickpeas in a roasting tin and spread them out so they aren’t on top of each other.
- Roast in the oven for 30 minutes until crisp. Check on them half way through and give them a stir to make sure they bake evenly.